Hey guys! I’m super excited for today’s post! It’s been a long time coming and I’m so proud of it. Almond Joys are one of my favorite candies, but since I’m trying to be healthy, I’ve been staying away from candy. Sometimes I still crave a little something sweet though and although I don’t know if I can classify this as healthy, it’s definitely healthier than eating a bunch of Almond Joys and is a super filling breakfast. I hope you guys enjoy it!
This recipe is created and owned solely by the author of this blog and any similarity to recipes elsewhere is purely coincidental.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk (you can use whatever kind you’d like; I usually use regular old 2% cows milk)
- 2 tbs chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet, but dark chocolate is probably better for you)
- 1-2 tbs unsweetened (or sweetened if you prefer) shredded coconut (if you’re a big fan of coconut like me, go for 2 tbs, but if you’re kind of like, “eh, coconut is fine” just add 1 tbs)
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs Ovaltine
- 2 tbs sliced almonds
- First, grab yourself a jar. Any jar will do as long as it’s empty and clean.
- Now you can basically just add all the ingredients to the jar, but if you’re like me and like to have a little rhyme and reason to things, I’ll give you the breakdown of what I normally do:
- I like to add my oats first since it’s basically the center of the whole dish. Everything else is just flavor.
- Then I add my chocolate chips, shredded coconut, Ovaltine, and chia seeds. (I don’t usually add the almonds until the next day because I like to keep them crunchy!)
- In goes the milk! Now get yourself a spoon and mix it all together!
- Now cover your jar, put it in the fridge, and get some sleep. In the morning you’ll have beautiful, delicious, Almond Joy Oats!
- Add the almonds here. Now eat.
Please let me know if you try this and send me a picture on Twitter if you do! Also, let me know in the comments if you want me to create other overnight oats for other candies!